New Life & Peace Ministries

New Life & Peace Ministries

Friday, November 5, 2010

My mom came to visit!


My mom was here in the middle of October for her first ever visit to Guatemala. It was so nice to have her here to see where I live and what I do. She can better understand now when I tell her stories and explain things going on in my life.

She was at the Home with me a couple of afternoons. She helped out with a baking class, played with the kids, held them, and gave out presents. She loved being here at the Home. The kids are so loving and accepting and she liked to watch how I interact with them. Even when I punished them! :)

We also did a lot of shopping. We bought my Christmas and birthday presents and then went to the Artisan Market in Antigua to buy more typical things for her to take home. I had a very good Christmas! Moms are made to spoil their daughters, right?


It was fun to have her here and the kids loved it as well. When she wasn't there they would ask about her and when she was coming back. She knows that she will definitely be returning!

No comments:

Post a Comment