New Life & Peace Ministries

New Life & Peace Ministries

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Willie and Don are here!

Willie and Don arrived on Monday afternoon. That hadn't slept all night due to their flights but they were excited to be here and very pleasant for not having slept! Willie even complimented me on my driving. Maybe he was too tired to pay attention. ;)

After letting them settle in on Monday afternoon and have a little nap, we put them to work early Tuesday morning.
Willie peeking over the wall. To be honest, I didn't want to climb the ladder because I was scared. I was hoping to take all my pictures from the ground.
I climbed it. Here is Don trimming the block with an axe to fit along the wall.
The axe was slow to work with so they brought out some sort of cement cutting tool. I am sure this is a real word to call it, but I have no idea what it is!

We have also had Chepe and Edgar and Miguel take turns working up there as this will be their home in the future. I will put pictures up of them once I get the nerve up to go up that ladder again!
As you can see, they have gotten a lot accomplished on the wall in the last week. Oh that it would all go that fast! We are hoping to have it completed in 6 months. Most things here just take time and you have to be patient and let it happen.

The kids are very excited to have them here and it has been nice for us all well to visit with them. I have already been told by Willie that if I am ever in his area he is going to buy me an authentic cheese steak sandwich! I have never had one but would love to try one! :)

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment