New Life & Peace Ministries

New Life & Peace Ministries

Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy Thursday!

The title of this post started out as Happy Friday! Then it was Happy Monday! And now it is Happy Thursday! Wow, this had better be a good one! :)

If you notice on the side, we will now have two contributors to this blog. I am Naomi Heye from British Columbia. I moved to Guatemala in April of 2009 and started working with New Life & Peace Ministries in May of 2010. My focus is learning and helping with the administration aspect of running Rehoboth Children's Home. Part of my job will be to update this blog on a fairly regular basis.


I love to bake with the kids every Friday. They love it too! I imagine it is because of all the quality time they get to spend with me, and not the fact that they get out of homework (for the time being) and get to eat lots of cookies afterwards! ;)


Last week the kids didn't have school. The President had declared a state of emergency for Guatemala and that meant the kids were off school while families, volunteers and the government tried to clean up and distribute much needed supplies. And while the normal chores got done in the house and the garden, and a few extra "spring cleaning" type things happened, there was still plenty of time for playing on the trampoline, playing trucks, and another game I just learned. One person is "it". That person is given 3 lives by everyone (just 3 slaps on the hand). Then everyone runs around trying to not get hit by the ball as each hit from the ball takes away a life. Sadly, these little boys have too much energy and this "old" lady can't keep up with (or away from) them. I "died" pretty fast every time. Which to be honest, was okay with me. I would much rather sit on the sidelines with a kid on my lap and cheer on everyone else!

Miguel's birthday was last Saturday and on Sunday we had cake for him. I don't have the pictures with me. Sorry. He is currently attending a high school with a computer focus. At this point, he would like to pursue a career in computers. He is very smart and dedicates a lot of time and energy into his studies.


That is Miguel on the left and Moises on the right. Don't they look very excited to be in a picture with me?

This week has been back to normal. All the kids went back to school and back to their normal routines.

So that is about it for this update. Have a great weekend all! God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment