New Life & Peace Ministries

New Life & Peace Ministries

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Shopping in the big city!


Last week we went into Guatemala City to window shop. It was about an hour's drive from where we live. It was a lot of fun of course! We went to a mall that had a food court and a big grocery store with a large toy section. We looked in a few of the stores in the mall and went to have a snack. All Guatemalans that I have met love Pollo Campero. It is like KFC for North Americans. When Brian and his team were here a couple of months ago, they gave out money for the kids to spend on whatever they wanted. They started with Pollo Campero and then each bought things like toys and other candy snacks. It was so much more fun for the kids to have their own money to spend, and not just have to look at everything.
Thank you again Brian and friends!!!!!
Everyone with their "happy meals". Here they are called "cajita feliz" which literally translated into "happy box". Doesn't quite do the same for me. I would rather have the happy food! :)
Some of the older kids needed a little more sustenance before heading out to shop!
I picked a Belguim waffle covered in chocolate of course! The poor lady had no idea who she was dealing with! She asked me to tell her to stop when I thought there was enough chocolate. I finally stopped when I was embarrassed, not when I thought there was enough!
Miguel, Denis, Edgar and Mr. McDonald.
Fernanda, me, Mr. McDonald, Maria and Karla.
Wesler

Obviously they are enjoying their pizza lunch!
Noe and Edgar
Wesler
After eating (twice!) we wore all the kids out looking at more toys. We went to 3 different places and had so much fun! The kids love getting out and seeing new stuff. Especially when they are looking for Christmas presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment