New Life & Peace Ministries

New Life & Peace Ministries

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Summer Camp.

As I mentioned, we are now on our "summer break" down here. We went on an overnight camping trip to Lake Amatitlan about 2 weeks ago. The camp entrance fee was donated and we also were able to eat there as well. I can attest that the food was really good!

We did a bunch of things like swimming, basketball, soccer, "fishing" (I saw one too many minnows in empty pop bottles for my liking!), and had a camp fire. The most popular item was swimming, by far! They spent over 3 hours in the pool the first morning. Another couple of hours in the afternoon, and at least 3 1/2 hours the next morning. It was a lot of fun! On a side note, I forgot my sunscreen and since I spent a total of 5 hours in the pool myself, I was very burnt by the end of the two days.

I am just going to include a bunch of fun pictures that we took. Enjoy!!
Edgar
Playing "What time is it Mr./Mrs. Wolf?"
"Fishing"
Angel and his sister Maria
Antoni
I taught them how to "chicken fight". They loved it but got pretty cold out of the water.
Engler and Antoni
Felipe
Praising Jesus. Each kid could volunteer to lead a couple of worship songs. Noe wanted a turn.
Frog hunting. I think the frogs got off scot free. At least, one didn't end up in my face. And I know for a fact, if a frog had been found, it would have ended up in my face.
Campfire. We played telephone. Always a funny game to play.
One of the cabins.
A soccer game. Of course.
Noe hurt himself on the swing and came to sit with me. Secretly I was thrilled as I never get enough cuddle time with this one. He loves to come up and hug me but gets restless within about 30 seconds. He sat with me for more than 20 minutes. Bliss!

We all had a great time. Thankfully, they were so tired coming home that they were quiet and/or slept the whole way home. That was good because I was feeling pretty sick from so much sun and sunburn!

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment