New Life & Peace Ministries

New Life & Peace Ministries

Monday, July 5, 2010

Auntie Naomi's House!

Well, I have officially arrived 2 months ago. I have planted myself firmly in these kids lives. I love being with them. I don't have kids of my own so I have happily become Auntie Naomi to all of them. The kids have to call adults in their lives Sister/Brother or Aunt/Uncle. I have seen some kids make a definite change from calling me Sister Naomi to Aunt Naomi and I love it. I want these kids to know I love them and I want to be involved in their lives and show them that I care about them.

One way of showing them is to have them to my house for a fun night. A week and a half ago I had the first group over to my house. It was the "mediums". They are like the middle children of the house. They aren't older with more privileges, and they aren't little and cute. Although, they ARE very cute as evidenced by the picture below. (Please ignore the air mattress-it serves as my couch. :)



First we had to eat pizza. I made a rookie mistake and gave them pop before I gave out the pizza. At least they filled up quickly!

While eating pizza we watched a movie and once they had finished with their food (and washed their greasy little hands well) they were able to play my Wii. They loved Mariocart and played it for a few hours. At one point we broke from the Wii to eat cake and ice cream with a refill on pop, then we continued on with the Wii.

To end the evening properly, we had to eat lots of popcorn while watching the movie again. I decided to not refill the pop as it wouldn't be me changing beds in the morning if they ended up wet!!!

It was a fun night for everyone and they left way past their bedtime and very tired but unable to admit it! I loved having them and plan on having every child have their turn to come over and pig out and not have to do dishes. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're doing this blog!! What a great way to get the word out about the ministry there in Parramos. I used to bring girls to my house for a slumber party, in small groups of course. Those were the highlights of my time spent there in Guate!! I do have to argue with you though; Denis and Geovanni were NOT the "middles" when I was there... just doesn't seem right! They have grown so much!!!

    ReplyDelete