New Life & Peace Ministries

New Life & Peace Ministries

Friday, July 23, 2010

Part Three!

Last Saturday the teens came over for their turn at my house. We decided to go to the next town to have hamburgers. Well, I wanted a hamburger and I thought it would be a treat for them to have one as well. When they get a special meal, it is often pizza and fried chicken. But sure enough, we get there and they wanted chicken again! I could have bought chicken at the store around the corner from my house. At least I got my hamburger. :) I forgot to get a picture of that.

Then we hit the Maxi Bodega (grocery store) to pick up popcorn and pop. I was going to get a second bottle of pop but they talked me into buying a bag of chips instead. They even insisted I pick the type. How sweet.

Edgar (on the right holding up the bag of popcorn) was SO excited about the popcorn. He kept double checking with me before the day that we would for sure have popcorn. He told me just now while looking at the picture, that he had been savoring the popcorn and when it was his turn to eat chips there were hardly any left. Angel (to his left) had eaten almost all of it! I had split it into three thinking they could all share. I guess that taught me another lesson.


From left: Jose, Miguel, Angel, Edgar and Felipe in front.

I don't think air mattresses were designed to hold that much weight because the next day it started a slow leak. They have offered to patch it for me though. :)

I now have the littlest boys asking me daily if when they are coming to my house. Unfortunately I am busy this weekend but maybe next weekend. That will be a fun one for sure! I hope you all enjoy your weekend. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment