New Life & Peace Ministries

New Life & Peace Ministries

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another week gone.

I have to admit, not sure what to update at this point. Things seem to be business as usual. Sadly, no birthdays. Which means no cakes. :(

This Friday we are having a garage sale and a car wash. Every year in November the kids get to go overnight camping. The cost of the camp itself has been covered by a donation and now the kids are raising money to help pay for the food. We have many clothes and other things to sell donated by other missionaries and people at the church. Our chickens have been good to us so we have a lot of eggs to sell. And hopefully we will have a lot of cars to wash. We had originally planned for the sale to be last Saturday. I knew I wouldn't be able to make it so I said they could wash my car and I would make a donation. That was the beginning of last week. I have a feeling I will get hit up again on Friday. Well, at least it is for a good cause. I am going and I want to eat too! On Thursday the girls and I will make cookies to sell as well. I will be sure to put up some pictures next week.

We had 5 of our kids without school yesterday and today. They spent part of the mornings scrubbing moss and mold off our cement sidewalk. We have had a particularly wet rainy season so it grows quickly. I don't have pictures because I was helping out. Although now that I think of it, it would have been a good excuse to stop for a rest! I will admit, for the first time in my life I said that I was a girl and I didn't have muscles. That tells you how much I didn't like scraping cement with a metal brush. I don't think my reasoning had much validity as half of the boys working were 10 years old and under.

Then they got to play. Checkers is popular these days. Which is too bad. I can't play. And they are all so good at it, I don't want to learn while being beat by a 9 year old! So I just stick to the board game 'Sorry'. Although this is a game of luck, I have a much better chance at winning that game. It was one of my favorite games when I was a kid. Since it is "honesty day" I will tell you that I hate to lose at that game too! It is embarrassing when the kids realize it though so I try to keep my feelings well hidden!

Sorry, no pictures today. Take care and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment