New Life & Peace Ministries

New Life & Peace Ministries

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas Day!

Christmas Day was a nice day to relax (for those of us not cooking) and play with new toys. Everyone was able to sleep in and then just hang out after breakfast. I arrived about 12 with my friend Krista and the food preparation began:
Engler was helping me make a French Silk Pie. He loves to help in the kitchen.
Krista helping to melt the chocolate.
Phyllis, a friend from church, cutting the bread. It was good bread too!
Chici. Beautiful isn't she? She was the director of the food as well as a helper.
Pat and Bill making a mountain of mashed potatoes.
I helped with the food too. I promise! :) It was also a time to visit and play:
Anabella and her mom, Guadelupe.
Luis and his new remote control car.
Debora, Camila and Marisol.
Maria and Karla and their new dolls. Thanks to my mom for those!
Katerin is babysitting the rest of the dolls.
Antoni and his prized new Tonka!
Wesler and his new semi-truck with lights!
Denis.
Soccer. Of course.
And a little basketball.
Fernanda.
Patsy and Dessie. Patsy teaches our kids sewing and Dessie attends our church.
Playing with all the new remote control cars and trucks.
Otto, Adrian and Luis watching all the remote control action.
And then it was time to eat! I didn't get many pictures of that unfortunately. I was too busy eating! :)
"Patiently" waiting for lunch.
Visiting with Conchita. She is always a popular guest!
I very rarely am allowed to take pictures of the teens so I was impressed to be able to take this one of Miguel. The Christmas spirit must have been strong still at that point! :)

So that is the last of our Christmas pictures. We ate a fantastic meal and were blessed to have a lot of food and desserts. Pat made a couple of banana cream pies that they talked about for a couple of days. And my french silk pie was really good too!
Now that our kids are back in school it feels like this was all so long ago. But I wanted to share with you all how we celebrated our Christmas. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment