New Life & Peace Ministries

New Life & Peace Ministries

Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Eve Part 1

Christmas Eve started bright and early for me. I wanted to make a special pancake breakfast for the kids so I had to arrive 2 hours earlier than normal. It was worth it though. They loved the pancakes! I had banana's and pineapple and blueberries to go along with the syrup and whipping cream.
The kids were ready and waiting long before I was. I hadn't estimated how much I would have to make and ended up making a quick trip to my house and the store to re-stock on supplies.
Then they surprised me with an ornament for my Christmas tree. It was a great gift!
After breakfast we got together the baskets we had packed with some food items, along with some toys and clothes we had collected to hand out to neighbors.
The first family we came across was the lady who sells us flowers every week. Her three daughters were beautiful! I think she has more kids at home.
Heading down the road to visit more families. The bags are filled with toys and clothes.
Handing out food to a grateful family.
This little cutie and her mom and brother wandered by so we gave them each a toy. This little girl smiled the most beautiful smile right after I had taken this picture.
Happy families:
Family coming to receive their gifts.
When we got back home we found out that some kids had climbed those trees and had been yelling over the wall for us. So when we got back we climbed up the ladder and threw down some gifts for them.
Everyone wanted to climb the ladder!
Next I will post the pictures of opening presents and the feast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment